I found myself wanting to use regular expressions to find some imported Drupal nodes containing broken old image paths. Naturally, I went looking for a module that might accommodate me and I did find the Scanner module. Unfortunately the site I was working with is in Drupal 6, and I didn't have the time to work on a Drupal 6 port of what looks like a pretty sophisticated module just to find a few nodes.
One of GMail's handier features that people are still surprised to learn about is the ability to make multiple, unique address aliases on the fly.
I was writing a module to conditionally hide a fieldset on a CCK node editing form based on whether the user is logged in or not, and for a while I was very puzzled as to why my custom module's implementation of hook_form_alter wasn't seeing any of the fieldsets defined by the CCK fieldgroup module.
I searched Google for the terms 'cck fieldset hook_form_alter', which led me to a helpful tip from Benjamin Melançon:
When I first started using Drupal a year and a half ago one of the first things that struck me about building out sites (that is, sites consisting primarily of Primary Links pointing at Page nodes) was that it building out a skeletal wireframe of a site gets tedious, especially if you have a lot of "static" pages; we're all familiar with the drill: